This Manual of Style outlines a standard of clean, consistent formatting for articles on this wiki. The formatting described here is a guideline and can be overridden where circumstances warrant it. These guidelines will never be unerringly perfect for every situation. However, please try your best to keep to the advice outlined in this article so others may use your edits as an example when creating and editing their own articles.
- Refer occasionaly to Wikipedia for examples of articles and try to model it.
- If you are making an article similar to another one, try to copy it's style.
- Try and maintain a neutral viewpoint on articles, articles are not made to voice opinion.
- Do not write in the first-person or second-person.
- Try and make page titles singular, unless the article is about a group of things or people.
- All words in page titles and headings should have a capital letter, unless it is a small work such as 'and' or 'the',
Lists V.S. Articles
- Here at Wii Sports Wiki we prefer that each Mii, sport, location, object, ect, ect have it's own article instead of being grouped into a list.
- If you feel it is neccesary, then you can create a list that link to a more specific article. Please refrain from using long explainitory paragraphs in lists.
There are certain requirements for Miis to be posted in mainspace. Note: These rules are subject to change.
- Rule #1: The Mii must have actually been in Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Sports Club, or Wii Party. Although this may seem obvious, it is a common mistake for people to add Miis not in those games.
- Rule #2: The Mii must be computer-generated. (Not one made by the player)